Our brew guide will give you a full-bodied cup of coffee using a French press.
To get the most out of your freshly roasted coffee, we recommend a good burr grinder or freshly ground from us, a scale, a timer and clean, filtered water heated to 92-95C.
- Use 65 grams of coffee per litre of water
- Use a coarse setting if grinding your coffee
- Start a timer for 4 minutes and pour the water over the coffee. Make sure that all the coffee is wet - you may want to use a spoon to stir it.
Top tip : the Lid and filter should be left off for gases to escape while the coffee brews
- After 4 minutes, break through the crust of coffee on top and the coffee will fall to the bottom. Remove the big particles and foam floating on top with a spoon
- Let the coffee sit for half a minute so all the small particles sink to the bottom. Put on the lid and press the handle down
Finally, let the coffee cool a little before enjoying!
Top French Press tip | Select a single origin coffee in a cafetiere or French press to highlight the taste notes.
Watch: How to brew a cafetiere