Rusper Blend Everyday PremiumBlack Tea
One of our most popular house tea blends. A traditional black tea, with an earthy Assam taste, this recipe was originally blended 40 years ago at the kitchen table by Frank and Chris Edgcumbe-Rendle.
Rusper tea is our original house blend and it is perfect as your everyday cuppa! It is a blend of Assam and Kenyan teas and makes a very ‘easy to drink’ cup which still has a great taste! Due to the popular demand of this tea we are now selling it in a large 2.5kg bag which gives you great value for money and should last you at least a few weeks!
Brew as strong or as delicate as you like, the leaves are small to you the ultimate in infusing! Rusper has been specially blended to give a better tasting brew, the East African and Kenya teas give Rusper a strong colour and the rich, malty Assams give the flavour we love from our English cuppa! …And as our original blend it is still popular after nearly 40 years!
How to brew the EDGE way…
- Tea loves oxygen – it helps the flavour develop, so always use freshly drawn cold water in the kettle.
- Make sure your pot is clean
- Warm the pot by swirling a small amount of boiled water in it.
- One teaspoon of loose tea per person and one teaspoon for the pot is about right, but add as much or as little to make it to the strength you like.
- For black tea, only pour on freshly boiled water and do not over-boil it.
- Leave to infuse for up to five minutes – if you have an infuser in the pot, take it out, and the tea will be ready to go.
- A tea cosy is great for keeping the tea warm – old school maybe, but it works!
- 1 Teaspoon per cup
- 100 Degrees
- 2-4 minute brew